Welcome

I thought it would be a good idea to create a photo blog of our complex. The idea being that, we can share pictures of home with friends and family, while on holiday or even if living abroad . If anyone has pictures they would like added to the blog, you can simply email them to rietvleiparkbc@googlemail.com and I will upload them to the blog - Please add any comments (captions) you would like with the pictures.


Friday 9 December 2011

Noisy Neighbours

It looks like the picture blog is really taking off, (pun intended). In this post we feature the Hadeda Ibis.

I enjoyed Mark's email to me so much. that I decided to share it with all of you. The subject line of his email read:  "Noisy neighbours":

Hi Steve
No not a complaint this time. Following on from Brian's theme, just a few snaps I took of our "noisy neighbours" of the feathered variety. And just for a chuckle; for some time after my niece moved to Jo'bug and first encountered these acoustically ebullient fowl, she thought they were called 'La-di-das'.

Once again I have added a link in the bird name above, for those who are interested in learning a bit more about our feathered gardening assistants.



Pictures by Mark Romburgh

1 comment: